Crookhill Early Years
Risk Assessment Jan 2021
Parents and Carers
You are an essential part of the safety and wellbeing of our school community. It is vital that you act responsibly, read these guidelines and play your part in keeping a social distance between yourself and other children and families while on the school site. Your child must stand beside you while waiting to come into nursery and must not run around the school grounds.
Children should only attend nursery if they are fully well. Any child who is poorly in any way must remain safely at home. Any child who is displaying any symptoms upon arrival will not be allowed to come into nursery.
· Anyone displaying symptoms is not allowed to enter the premises.
· Anyone who lives in a household with someone displaying symptoms is not allowed to enter the premises.
· If a child develops symptoms while they are at nursery, they will be isolated in a designated area with a member of staff who will be wearing PPE. Parents will be contacted immediately and must be available, or ask someone on their contact list, to collect their child within 30 minutes of receiving a telephone call.
· Parents must always ensure we have their current contact details available.
· If a child or anyone in their household develops symptoms of COVID-19 parents will be asked to book a test and inform the nursery of the results.
Track and Trace
Any requests to self-isolate by the NHS Track and Trace service must be followed and nursery informed.
Staff and parents must inform nursery if they test positive for COVID-19.
It is impossible to expect any social distancing between children in nursery.
Staff members will maintain social distancing from the children and other staff wherever possible. Staff will continue to show the same warmth, interest and care to the children and they will always be comforted and have their needs met while in nursery.
Children and staff will wash their hands thoroughly on arrival, after sneezing or using toilets and before eating. All areas of the classroom will be cleaned more thoroughly and more often, with particular attention to deep cleaning at the end of each session. Hand sanitisers will be available at all times and used tissues will be disposed of safely.
Dropping off and picking up
In order to reduce the number of people on the school site at any time, there will be staggered drop off and pick up times in operation. Everyone will arrive at the main gate as previously.
· Only one parent/carer will be allowed on site to drop off and pick up.
· There will be a one way, keep to the left system in operation.
· Staff will be on duty at key points to help.
· All parents and carers MUST observe social distancing on the school site. You will need to keep 2m apart and must not gather at the school gates.
· Parents must be prompt and keep to your designated times to reduce the number of people on the school site.
· Please walk to school if possible. If you are driving please remain in your car until your allocated time slot.
Children are not required to wear face coverings. Parents may wear face coverings during arrival and pick up times.
During these challenging times, parents will not be allowed into the classroom. If you need to speak with us about your child or anything else, please let us know and we will arrange to speak with you on the telephone, or we will arrange to meet with you in a safe area before the children arrive or after the children have gone home.
Please be patient – this is new to everyone and we will do our best to keep everyone safe and make things work as smoothly as possible.